Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Old person in a drawer




  Yup...it's true. I have a head in a drawer.

It's big. It's life size.


It took a whole lot of cernit clay to make this head and it isn't even done.


I had a vision.


It was going to be a life sized cleaning lady. I was going to have her holding my vacuum which always seems to be out...never put away...because something ALWAYS needs to be vacuumed around here.  (I think it has something to do with the glitter and all the packing material that gets tracked around here....maybe I can blame the cat?)

Anyway...she quietly resides in a big deep drawer in my laundry room. I look at her every once in awhile and sigh.  I call her a she...but "she" looks like she could be a he too. Maybe he/she could sit on my couch reading a paper. If It ever has a body!


Well..I plan to finish it...yes I do....yes...really.