Saturday, April 17, 2010

Magnolia Heebie-Jeebies


Without a doubt...this is my favorite tree 
in my yard.

I transplanted it from my previous house and
it was a yucky and wan 2 foot nothing of a tree. 
It didn't like where it was planted.

I knew it had potential. Now over 20 years
later, it is about 25 feet tall.

But its beauty is so temporary.

And it leaves such a mess as it
drops his pink-turned-brown 
petals all over the ground...
and deck too.

But it's so glorious at it's peak
that I'll take the good with the bad.

I'd make this picture my
computer screensaver if I
hadn't taken it in the wrong direction.

But maybe that's just as well since I 
keep 6 million folders on my computer
screen. The combination of all these
flower petals and folders might make
me have a sensory overload!

Or, give me the heebie-jeebies. 
Yeah....they're real.