Friday, February 28, 2025

2025: Day 58....."Staghorn Fern in a pot and a Superbum on the wall"

 If I lived in Florida....

I'd grow Staghorn ferns in every tree.

Just like this picture I took in Florida on a visit. 

A bouquet in a tree.

All living and growing.

staghorn fern


These are MY staghorn ferns here in Michigan.
One is in a southeast window in a pot.
2025

2026
More leaves but still in the same pot.

Then I found this Superbum made by
a clever man in East Lansing who doesn't mount
them in sphagnum moss.
He has a different approach.
Here's his website called
I bought this one and it hangs in my bathroom
and makes me happy every time I look at it.


Here's the whole look.
I love living with plants. 
I have 32 plants in my bathroom. 
These are just 3. 
Can you imagine the rest of the room!


Making an outdoor plant into an
indoor houseplant is a glorious challenge.

I'll never achieve this look below of the
fern in the Matthai Botanical Garden....
nor would I want to.

It looks like an alien creature ready
to dissolve me in it's innards.
I can almost see a face in there.

Matthai Botanical Gardens Stag Horn Fern