Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Big Adventure Begins

I packed like "Monk" I was told. If you've watched Monk you know what I mean. If you haven't, it's...well, a little obsessive compulsive. I packed like I was going into the wilderness and not a big city like Tucson, Arizona where I could BUY something if I forgot to pack it. I even contemplated looking on the internet to see if there was an Apple Store nearby in case I forgot some important cord for my ipad, iphone or camera. But I think I've got it all...and then some.

We left the house at 5 a.m. and headed to the airport. Everything went so smoothly it was almost like gliding on air. We had pre-printed boarding passes so we just dropped off our luggage and then went to the security line. It was a long line but clipped right along on the same smooth air we were sailing on. (Didn't have to show any I.D. for Jacob) Jacob just took off his vest and shoes and put his phone in the box and I did the same except I also had a backpack. I think this is the first time ever that I didn't beep when I went thru the scanner. I usually forget something in my pocket.

Then we sailed over to our boarding area with a quick stop for some bottled water to insert into the special pocket in our matching ScottE vests that both Jake and I are wearing.

We hardly had to wait any time before boarding and we liked the seats Susie picked out for us in row #10. Although we sat in row 11 instead. They all look the same. The couple whose seats we were in didn't care and just moved up to row 10. Jacob got the window seat and set up his homework right away and I got on my ipad.

We're having a perfect trip so far.