Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not your ordinary totem pole

Hey...sometimes you just have to give 
folks some big kudos.
I'm sure this tree had to be cut
down for some reason and
these folks went to a whole
bunch of effort and expensive to
make what was probably a sad 
decision into something creative
and beautiful and show stopping to me.

I was driving along a road in my 
neighborhood and WOW...there was this
big fish and turtle.

I jumped out of the car and started snapping pictures
with my trusty iPhone.

The guy across the street yelled over to me
"Isn't that great!" and I confirmation that
it sure was. He then informed me that it 
cost $1,000. 

Now here's some folks that sure made
some good lemonade from the lemon of 
having to lose their tree that was in a
prime time spot at the end of their driveway.

Now every time they drive in and out of their 
driveway, they get to admire it. 
And every time I drive down
their street, I'll be admiring it also.

It sure beats the other style of tree 
stump salvage decorations. This one
is in my neighborhood also.
Sorry....no kudos here.