Sunday, November 29, 2009

Creative Christmas Trees: Fun for Kids

More Christmas trees from the Festival of Trees in Allen Park, Michigan.


Since this blog post is all about the cutest trees with a kid theme, who better than Snoopy to be a tree topper.

This one surprised me with a really big (and probably heavy)
doll stuck into the tree right near the top. It also had other toys like the football you can see on the left, but the doll is what caught my eye.



This one was crammed to the max with Christmas books of all sizes. What impressed me the most was the attention to the details. The pages had little corners turned over and even though it appears very full, it was artfully arranged right down to the books under the tree as well. See... it even won a ribbon. My picture doesn't do it justice. It really made you stop and look and appreciate the time and patience that went into it.

  
Okay...this one just killed me. It was over the top wild and crazy. I'm not sure I'd want it in my house but it did make me smile. It also won an award. I guess it should have won an award just for the audacity of it. You have to realize how BIG this was. That lavender guy was about 10' long. If he was real, he probably could eat a little kid....so much for being "kid friendly"!