Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why I chose "Musing with Marlyss"

Laying in bed last night pondering my blog the word "muse" came into my mind. It was about 4 a.m. when I should have been sound asleep. I kinda liked the sound of it with Marlyss tagged on the end. But I also liked what it meant. It also sounded like amuse which is a good thing too and what I hope this blog will do....amuse and inspire and make me think about things. It just seemed to fit... so here we are and it's a start. Everything starts with a first step.

If you capitalize the M, then you have a noun instead of a verb. My dictionary says a Muse is a "force personified as a women who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist." So, to all of you creative artists out there who are planning, making or otherwise having a party.....bar mitzvah or otherwise...then I hope when I post pictures of what Stacey and I are working on that it will inspire you or help you in some way. I find an abundance of help on the internet myself and I think of it as one big circle of enjoyment and personal learning and growth.

THE GOAL:
This blog will have updates on our party decorating adventures and also family and fun we are having in between. I'm also planning on sharing web sites and other web sources that I personally use and enjoy. If you have something newsy or interesting to share with me, I'd love to hear that too.