Sunday, April 12, 2009

Past, Present & Future Candle Lightings







I think this is a lovely and fast way to do the candlelighting ceremony with just 3 candles and it covers everyone and doesn't hurt anyones feelings by being left out.

Here's some helpful inspiration from some centerpieces I've done and also some wording that I found that might be helpful to make it all come together.

FIRST CANDLE: The first candle represents the past. The people I have loved and lost in my lifetime and the relatives I was not lucky enough to have met. Mom, will you please come up and light this first candle in honor of those who are no longer with us. (Song: chorus of I Miss You by Miley Cyrus or Circle of Life)

SECOND CANDLE: The second candle represents the present. It is for the adults in my life....my parents, my grandparents, my aunts & uncles and special grownup friends. You help guide me, listen to me and just have fun. Dad, will you please come up and light candle number 2. (Song: chorus of I Learned From You by Billy Ray/Miley Cyrus or Raise Your Glass by Pink or It's a Beautiful Life)

THIRD CANDLE: This last candle represents the future. It is for all the special friends in my life and for our hopes and dreams for the future. Sister/Brother will you please come up and light this last candle for all my cousins and friends. You're the best. (Song: Chorus of We're the Kids of the Future or Whitney Houston's Greatest Love of All)

ENDING: Thank you all for coming to celebrate this special day with me. Now, let's blow out these candles and get this party started.


We can do one of our freestanding cutout
and glittered names. Simple and easy.
Or, we can add other elements with 
the cutout name....like these guitars.
Or, we can add themed items.
Each one is unique and different just as
people are. 
Email us and we can design one
that is created just for you.




marlyss@mac.com