Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The popcorn issue.

I love popcorn. It's one of my favorite snacks.

I use to buy my popcorn in bulk from Costco.
They had a big 12 lb. container that lasted forever.
But like all things at Costco....things come and go and
you can't count on products staying around there.

So one day when I was almost out of popcorn 
I bought the one on the right in the picture at
Meijer. I just grabbed it and put it in my cart.
I have to say I didn't even look at the price.
Some things I just need in my life...popcorn is one of them.
Boy did I get ripped off. It was $5.99.

The much larger one on the left 
was only $3.98 at Walmart.

 I didn't even notice until I had
them both in my cupboard at the same time and 
then I was appalled....and annoyed.

Even if they were the same size and the
Walmart one was cheaper that would have
been bad enough. But the smaller one from
Meijer was $2 more??

What a big difference on a small item.

My trips to Meijer have been almost
non-existant since the popcorn issue.

Sorry Meijer...you lost a customer
over popcorn.