Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Little Reminders


I have a pretty little picture I found at an art fair. I've always loved it and it fits in a tiny space between my pantry doors and coat closet. It says "Write it on your hand that everyday is the best day of the year" by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I guess every day should be the Best Day since it's the Only Day that we have at the moment. I like to be reminded of that.

I also have a wall vase on the opposite side of the door that I can put fresh flowers in whenever I have them. I love that little vase. I keep some curly bamboo in it because I don't always have fresh flowers but there are some in there now and I enjoy their temporary beauty.

Above it all are the Tae Kwon Do words: Courtesy, Integrity, Self-Control, Perserverance, Indomitable Spirit. More reminders for me. I guess I need alot of those! I also need to watch my spelling because I spelled Perseverance wrong on my wall. Did I feel the need to change it? Nope...I just don't usually point it out.

In my last post I mentioned I like letters. I guess I also am very drawn to words too....and reminders to keep me on track and in the appreciation mode.